LIMITED EDITION • A rich, buttery 10mL solid perfume made with fossilized amber oil blended with cistus and elemi for a grounding and sensual experience.
TOP: Bergamot, Geranium, Frankincense, Cassia Bark, Juniper, Cardamom
HEART: Amyris, Elemi, Cistus
BASE: Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Labdanum, Myrrh, Styrax, Cypress, Patchouli, Benzoin, Guaicawood, Balsam Copaiba Resin, Oleum Succini/Ambar (fossilized amber)
Amber Butter is formulated with our proprietary blend of naturally derived ingredients and safe synthetics. The result is a clean, exquisitely crafted perfume that is vegan-friendly and non-toxic.
The rich and buttery base is made from blend of coconut, shea butter and vegetable waxes that are slowly blended with evening primrose, calendula, pomegranate seed and rosehip oils to form the foundation for the butter-like consistency. Our Perfume butters are 25% concentrations of pure essential oils, absolutes, concretes and waxes.
|COCONUT SEED BUTTER
|ROSE HIP OIL
|CITRUS AURANTIUM BERGAMIA
|BERGAMOT FRUIT OIL
|JUNIPERUS VIRGINIANA OIL
|AMYRIS BARK OIL
|ESTER OF CITRIC ACID FROM CITRUS FRUITS / FUNCTIONAL ISOLATE
|OLIBANUM / BOSWELLIA CARTERII
|VANILLA FRUIT EXTRACT
|CYPRIOL ROOT OIL
|TONKA BEAN EXTRACT
|PALO SANTO WOOD OIL
|OLIBANUM HYPERABS TYPE C'LESS TOCO
|CISTUS LABDANUM RESIN
|ELEMI GUM OIL
|JUNIPER FRUIT OIL
|CISTUS LABDANUM LEAF/STEM EXTRACT
|CARDAMOM SEED OIL
|BALSAM COPAIBA RESIN
|GERANIUM FLOWER OIL
|STYRAX TREE OIL
|SPICY CLOVE NOTE
|CEDAR WOOD OIL
METHYL HYDROGENATED ROSINATE
People have been using solid perfumes since ancient Egyptian times, but they've recently gained popularity again because they're so easy to use, travel-friendly, and because the scents tend to last a long time since there is no alcohol to evaporate like there is in a traditional spray perfume.
Perfume Butters are Heretic's unique interpretation of a solid perfume. We combine the natural waxes that are left behind during the scent extraction process to create a product unlike anything else. Our Perfume Butters boast a unique blend of coconut, shea butter and vegetable waxes that are slowly blended with evening primrose, calendula, pomegranate seed and rosehip oils to form the foundation for the butter-like consistency. Our Perfume butters are 25% concentrations of pure essential oils, absolutes, concretes and waxes that glide on the skin like velvet.
BENEFITS OF PERFUME BUTTER
• Skin friendly - They don't contain alcohol, which can be drying or aggravating for some skin conditions or sensitive skin. The solid base is made from natural waxes, butters and oils that are hydrating + moisturizing.
• Portable - Perfume Butters are perfect for travel because of their small size and non-liquid base. They aren't subject to travel restrictions, so airport security won't have any reason to confiscate that amazing solid scent! They are also so easy to toss in a purse, backpack or even your pocket, if you're truly scent-obsessed (hey, we get it).
• Leak-proof - No liquid means no leaking. However, Perfume Butters can melt if exposed to excessive heat (for example being left in a hot car in warm weather) so be sure to keep it in a cool, dark place.
• Long-lasting - The concentrated formula and targeted application means you won't waste that precious fragrance by spraying in dead air. Because the scent is stronger, you don't need a lot and what you do apply will last longer on the skin as there is no alcohol or water to evaporate the fragrance.
• Eco-friendly - The compact packaging and dense product means there is very little waste with a solid perfume. They can often be refilled or the packaging could be re-used to hold other tiny treasures. The durable nature of most solid body scents also means that they are less breakable and require considerably less packing material when being shipped at purchase.
Perfume Butters can melt if exposed to heat. Make sure to keep it in a cool, dark place.
Use your finger to gently warm the butter and apply directly to skin. We suggest dabbing it on your wrists, behind the ears, neck, chest, or pulse points. It can also be applied to a beard or mustache for fragrant hydration, or even to the arches or top of your feet to carry your scent all the way from head to (literal) toe.
We like to layer a couple of solid body scents in different areas of the body for a perfectly curated and customized experience. You can also layer solid scent on your pulse points with a lighter spritz of body spray, cologne or hair perfume in your clothing, beard or hair. The ability to customize and adjust your personal fragrance is the true beauty of using solid perfumes. You may not get the wide sillage (aka scent trail) of a spray perfume, but the highly intimate nature and long-lasting staying power of a solid scent is so, so worth it.
This unique and limited edition amber fragrance utilizes fossilized Amber Oil that is extracted from 35 million year-old Himalayan fossilized tree resin. Unlike oils from living plants, there is no essential oil that can be directly obtained from the fossilized resin. Instead, the oil comes from a process called “dry distillation” whereby the Amber resin is processed over high heat until an oily substance is obtained. Unlike the synthetic Amber perfumes that are commonly sold, fossilized amber oil has a completely different aromatic profile. The extraction process yields a dark, viscous oil with smoky, resinous, leathery, woody-dry notes and hints of Pine and balsamic overtones.
The rich and buttery base is made from blend of coconut, shea butter and vegetable waxes that are slowly blended with evening primrose, calendula, pomegranate seed and rosehip oils to form the foundation for the butter-like consistency.
RETURNS: We only accept returns for defective or damaged products. If you’d like to sample the fragrance first, we recommend you start with one of our Discovery Sets or take our Fragrance Finder Quiz for a personally recommended scent.
SHIPPING: At this time, we can only ship within the contiguous United States. If you need to find an international retailer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free shipping on orders of $125 or more. Otherwise, a $10 flat shipping fee applies.
GROUNDING & SENSUAL
Our fragrances harness the aromatherapeutic power of the plant materials they’re composed of. With our Amber Butter, you may discover sensual and grounding effects from the Ayurvedic healing properties present in natural ingredients.
A grounding aphrodisiac.
Keeps you feeling grounded.
Eases stress & promotes sensuality.