Gardenia Butter is formulated with our proprietary blend of naturally derived ingredients and safe synthetics. The result is a clean, exquisitely crafted perfume that is vegan-friendly and non-toxic.
The rich and buttery base is made from blend of coconut, shea butter and vegetable waxes that are slowly blended with evening primrose, calendula, pomegranate seed and rosehip oils to form the foundation for the butter-like consistency. Our Perfume butters are 25% concentrations of pure essential oils, absolutes, concretes and floral waxes.
|COCOS NUCIFERA||COCONUT SEED BUTTER||Naturally Derived|
|VEGETABLE WAX||VEGETABLE WAX||Naturally Derived|
|VITELLARIA PARADOXA||SHEA BUTTER||Naturally Derived|
|CALENDULA OFFICINALIS||CALENDULA OIL||Botanical|
|PUNICA GRANATUM||POMEGRANATE OIL||Botanical|
|ROSA CANINA||ROSE HIP OIL||Botanical|
|DIETHYLHEXYL ADIPATE||FUNCTIONAL / SOLVENT||Safe Synthetic|
|CIS-3-HEXENYL SALICYLATE||GREEN NOTE||Safe Synthetic|
|FARNESENE||WOODY/GREEN NOTE||Safe Synthetic|
|TETRAHYDRO-6-(3-PENTENYL)-2H-PYRAN-2-ONE||FRUITY/FLORAL NOTE||Safe Synthetic|
|LINALOOL||LINALOOL NOTE||Safe Synthetic|
|METHYLDIHYDROJASMONATE||JASMINE NOTE||Safe Synthetic|
People have been using solid perfumes since ancient Egyptian times, but they've recently gained popularity again because they're so easy to use, travel-friendly, and because the scents tend to last a long time since there is no alcohol to evaporate like there is in a traditional spray perfume.
Perfume Butters are Heretic's unique interpretation of a solid perfume. We combine the flower waxes that are left behind during the scent extraction process to create a product unlike anything else. Our Perfume Butters boast a unique blend of coconut, shea butter and vegetable waxes that are slowly blended with evening primrose, calendula, pomegranate seed and rosehip oils to form the foundation for the butter-like consistency. Our Perfume butters are 25% concentrations of pure essential oils, absolutes, concretes and floral waxes that glide on the skin like velvet.
BENEFITS OF PERFUME BUTTER
• Skin friendly - They don't contain alcohol, which can be drying or aggravating for some skin conditions or sensitive skin. The solid base is made from natural waxes, butters and oils that are hydrating + moisturizing.
• Portable - Perfume Butters are perfect for travel because of their small size and non-liquid base. They aren't subject to travel restrictions, so airport security won't have any reason to confiscate that amazing solid scent! They are also so easy to toss in a purse, backpack or even your pocket, if you're truly scent-obsessed (hey, we get it).
• Leak-proof - No liquid means no leaking. However, Perfume Butters can melt if exposed to excessive heat (for example being left in a hot car in warm weather) so be sure to keep it in a cool, dark place.
• Long-lasting - The concentrated formula and targeted application means you won't waste that precious fragrance by spraying in dead air. Because the scent is stronger, you don't need a lot and what you do apply will last longer on the skin as there is no alcohol or water to evaporate the fragrance.
• Eco-friendly - The compact packaging and dense product means there is very little waste with a solid perfume. They can often be refilled or the packaging could be re-used to hold other tiny treasures. The durable nature of most solid body scents also means that they are less breakable and require considerably less packing material when being shipped at purchase.
Perfume Butters can melt if exposed to heat. Make sure to keep it in a cool, dark place.
Use your finger to gently warm the butter and apply directly to skin. We suggest dabbing it on your wrists, behind the ears, neck, chest, or pulse points. It can also be applied to a beard or mustache for fragrant hydration, or even to the arches or top of your feet to carry your scent all the way from head to (literal) toe.
We like to layer a couple of solid body scents in different areas of the body for a perfectly curated and customized experience. You can also layer solid scent on your pulse points with a lighter spritz of body spray, cologne or hair perfume in your clothing, beard or hair. The ability to customize and adjust your personal fragrance is the true beauty of using solid perfumes. You may not get the wide sillage (aka scent trail) of a spray perfume, but the highly intimate nature and long-lasting staying power of a solid scent is so, so worth it.
Inspired by the enfleurage technique used in times past to capture the essences of unyielding flowers, Tahitian gardenia (also known as tiare flower) blends with grandiflorum jasmine, traces of Indian tuberose and grassy vetiver for a deeply sensual and intoxicating experience. Inspired by moonlit nights and tropical gardenias, the rich and buttery base is made from blend of coconut, shea butter and vegetable waxes that are slowly blended with evening primrose, calendula, pomegranate seed and rosehip oils to form the foundation for the butter-like consistency.
RETURNS: We only accept returns for defective or damaged products. If you’d like to sample the fragrance first, we recommend you start with one of our Discovery Sets or take our Fragrance Finder Quiz for a personally recommended scent.
SHIPPING: At this time, we can only ship within the contiguous United States. If you need to find an international retailer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free shipping on orders of $125 or more. Otherwise, a $10 flat shipping fee applies.
RELAXING & SENSUAL
Our fragrances harness the aromatherapeutic power of the plant materials they’re composed of. With our Gardenia Butter, you may discover relaxation and heightened sensuality from the Ayurvedic healing properties present in natural ingredients.
An aphrodisiac that subdues stress to keep the mood calm.
A relaxing aphrodisiac that lifts the spirits.
A calming aphrodisiac that stimulates passion.